Aurthot hinged knee brace can provide a maximum level of support to the knee. This hinged knee support help to stabilize the knee and prevent it from moving in harmful ways. This includes the dual axis polycentric hinges on both the inner (medial) and outer (lateral) side of the knee. The hinges also permit one to move about with a more natural range of motion.
Hinged braces provide a consistent compression and therapeutic warmth & maximum level of support which reduce swelling. It provides a moderate level of support and combines hinge support. It helps stabilise the knee in its natural flow of motion. Help to reduce knee pain, ensure greater stability whilst at the same time protecting against injury.
“U” Shape Patella padding supports the knee cap and prevents further instability by promoting proper tracking of the joint. Aurthot Knee Brace is light and durable enough to be used during sporting activity but will provide the protection needed throughout a full ACL or MCL recovery program and provide ample post-operative support. The hinges provide an increased level of medial and lateral support helping protect and support the knee while also helping prevent hyperextension.
- Bi-lateral geared polycentric hinges for stability and free movement
- Help stabilise the knee in its natural flow of motion
- Latex-free neoprene provides thermal compression which helps in reducing swelling around knee
- Thigh and calf straps provide additional support and compression
- Patella padding supports the knee cap and prevents further instability by promoting proper tracking of the joint.
- Provides medial and lateral support of the knee
- The hinges provide an increased level of medial and lateral support helping protect and support the knee while also helping prevent hyperextension.
- Reduces and prevents excessive rotation of the knee
- Provides proprioception
- Protects the graft post-surgically while healing
- Fits Left or Right
How to wear:
- Place the inside of the pad against your knee then wind the straps around.
- If the kneecap is visible though this hole, the brace is being worn correctly. This will offer the greatest comfort and keep the skin ventilated underneath the brace.
- Align the brace so the hole doesn’t catch or pinch your skin.
- You should be able to fit one or two fingers into the space between your leg and the brace. If you can’t then the brace needs to be relaxed slightly.
Application (Product used for):
- Treats chondromalacia, instability
- Osgood Schlatters disease
- Patella Dislocation, Patella Dysfunction
- Most ACL, PCL, MCL strains, injuries and instabilities
- Meniscal injuries
- Medial or lateral kneecap instability
- Muscle weakness or injury
- Ligament weakness or injury
- Arthritic knees
- Knee osteoarthritis (bone on bone contact)
- General knee pain or sprains